The Catherine Booth Hospital was named after the wife of William Booth, the founder of the Salvation Army. It initially opened its doors in the Plateau Mont-Royal in 1890, as a rescue home for women. The facility eventually moved to a larger house, in Outremont, in 1895 in order to increase capacity.
In 1925, the Salvation Army relocated yet again, and moved to Walkley Avenue and became a dedicated maternity hospital: The Catherine Booth Hospital Centre.
In 1973, following an announcement by the Quebec government that the Catherine Booth Hospital would close after almost 50 years as a maternity centre, the Salvation Army stepped in and turned it into a rehabilitation hospital.
In 2012, Catherine Booth Hospital integrated with the CSSS (Centre de santé et de services sociaux) Cavendish, which ultimately joined the Integrated Health and Social Services University Network for West-Central Montreal (CIUSSS West-Central montreal) in 2015, as part of the Quebec Government’s Law 10.